Sweet potatoes provide a wide array of vitamins and minerals and are a great source of B and C vitamins.
While sweet potatoes are enjoyed boiled, baked, sautéed and fried, one of the easiest and most useful ways to cook sweet potatoes is to roast them.
Enjoy this recipe for tasty roasted sweet potatoes.
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into one inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cube ’em up by cutting your sweet potatoes into one inch cubes for a fast cook time and more surface area per bite.
- Ditching the skin is optional! The only thing you’ll lose is some added nutrients and fiber.
- Flavor them. Dried spices like cumin, chili powder or curry powder all pair nicely with the sweetness of sweet potatoes. Freshly chopped herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano work well, too. Just remember the most important flavoring — salt!
- Preheat your oven to 450º.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with oil, season, salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender, tossing halfway through for 30-35 minutes.
Now that you’ve got your perfect roasted potatoes, you can use them to bulk up your morning eggs, toss them in your salad or use them as a topping in a Buddha Bowl.
Muzzarelli Farms is open May through November and carries several varieties of sweet potatoes throughout the entire season. Click here to learn more about our farm market.