Its asparagus season, and this recipe is the perfect family meal, especially when you use Jersey Fresh vegetables from Muzzarelli Farms.
What You’ll Need:
• 1 stick unsalted butter
• 1 lb Jersey fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed, chopped
• ¾ c Jersey fresh peas (or frozen)
• Handful Jersey fresh green beans, chopped
• 2 spring onions
• 1 honey sweet onion
• ½ c heavy cream
• 1 c chicken stock
• 1 lb fresh linguini
• 1 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
• Handful of fresh basil leaves
• Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Get Cooking:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus, peas, green beans, spring onion, honey sweet onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook just until the onions soften, about 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and chicken stock and cook until reduced slightly, about 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as label directs. Drain the pasta and transfer to the sauce, toss gently. Transfer everything to a serving bowl. Garnish with parmesan and basil. Enjoy!