It’s an amazing feeling having the whole family gathered around the dinner table, sharing stories, laughter, and love; all united by the aroma of a delicious meal. Many people will say that their favorite part of a meal are the sides. At Muzzarelli Farms we love tasty side dishes that are made from superfoods like spinach that can give you that comfort food sensation with health properties that are body loving.
Sautéing spinach is especially beneficial because it preserves the nutrients found in spinach which include vitamin k, a, magnesium, and potassium. This superfood can be the superhero of all your meals. With its mild flavor, spinach is never overpowering when paired with other foods.
This Spinach and Mushroom Sautee recipe may just be the quickest and tastiest thing you’ve ever done and we think that deserves a medal.
What You’ll Need
• 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
• 2 bunches of Jersey fresh spinach
• 2 teaspoons of olive oil
• 2 minced garlic cloves
• 1/8 teaspoon of salt
• 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
How to Make It
1. Warm the oil over medium heat in a large skillet
2. Add mushrooms and sautee until tender for about 2 minutes
3. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute
4. Add spinach and stir while cooking about 1 minute (until spinach is wilted).
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately
Come and pick up your fresh spinach and other favorite fruits and veggies here at Muzzarelli Farms (trust us, your family will love you for this!). We’re open Monday- Sunday 8am-6pm, and we can’t wait to see you there!