Adding greens to our diets should be the focus of every eater, and the darker and leafier, the better, especially during your COVID-19 self-quarantine!
This spinach side dish is fresh and light with chunks of sweetened, caramelized garlic that infuses the oil the spinach is cooked in. It makes a perfect pairing for just about any main meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sea or kosher salt, optional
- Rinse spinach in cold water.
- Spin dry in salad spinner, leaving little water clinging to the leaves.
- In large pot, heat olive oil and sauté garlic over medium heat for one minute until browned.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper to pot, toss with garlic and oil, cover and cook for two minutes.
- Uncover pot, turn heat to high and cook spinach for additional more minute, stirring with wooden spoon until spinach is wilted.
- Using slotted spoon, lift spinach to serving bowl and top with butter, a squeeze of lemon and sprinkling of sea or kosher salt. Serve hot.
When the COVID-19 self-quarantine is over, Muzzarelli Farms will have a full selection of delicious, fresh fruits and vegetables like spinach at our farm market. Click here to see our full inventory! Stay healthy!