Juicy and sweet, fresh tomatoes are a delicious treat – especially in South Jersey in the summertime! They’re also chock-full of nutrients and have been linked to a variety of health benefits.
Previously, we looked at the health benefits of tomatoes. Now, we’re happy to share this delicious recipe for roasted tomatoes. [Link https://www.muzzarellifarms.com/the-health-benefits-of-tomatoes]
- 12 tomatoes, halved or quartered lengthwise, cores and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven or grill to 450 degrees.
- Arrange tomatoes on sheet pan, cut sides up in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle garlic, sugar, salt and pepper over tomatoes.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are concentrated and caramelized.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Even when they’re at their most flavorful in summertime, Jersey Fresh tomatoes, sweet cherry tomatoes and just about every other variety have their most jammy-sweet flavor.
Muzzarelli Farms has many types of Jersey Fresh tomatoes at our farm market this summer, including round, plum, grape and berry tomatoes. Click here to see our full inventory!