Vegetable madras curry is a lip-smacking South Indian dish that can be enjoyed with rice, quinoa or crusty bread. This yummy recipe needs kitchen-friendly ingredients including onions, potatoes, ginger, peas, madras curry powder, garlic, tomato, baby spinach, cauliflower and vegetable broth. You can also enjoy the curry as it is without any breads or rice.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 4 tablespoons of madras curry powder
- 1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Heat deep-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- Heat oil and add onions. Saute the onions until golden brown. Add ginger, garlic and curry powder and cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, cauliflower, potato and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce flame to low and cook for 25-30 minutes to tenderize the vegetables.
- When vegetables are soft, add peas and baby spinach. Cook again for 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with accompaniment of choice.