Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegetable Smoothie
If you want to start eating healthier, or you're trying to get your kid to eat their veggies, a sweet, yummy chocolate peanut butter smoothie will do the trick!
We'll admit, the idea of blending chocolate and vegetables doesn't sound appealing, but trust us, this rich, delicious smoothie will have you (and the kids) wanting more!
- 1 to 2 very ripe frozen bananas, peeled (start with 1 and add more depending on how sweet you want it)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach (or greens of choice… experiment with kale, broccoli, collard greens, Swiss chard, and arugula)
- 1 half ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- ¼ to ½ cup frozen mango (again, depending on sweetness)
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (optional)
Combine bananas, almond milk, spinach, and avocado in blender until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients, running again until smooth. If desired, add water and blend again to reach desired consistency.