Muzzarelli Farms Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
Here's an easy recipe for roasting Muzzarelli Farms butternut squash. Our butternut squash is sweet, delicious, and similar in taste to pumpkins and sweet potatoes.
Roasting butternut squash is very easy to do, and when done correctly, yields excellent results.
- Turn your oven on to 350.
- Peel Muzzarelli Farms butternut squash with a "Y" peeler, remove the very tip with the stem, and cut in half.
- In a roasting pan, coat the squash with a thin layer of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Seal the roasting pan with foil so the squash can steam out a bit.
- When your oven is preheated, slide the squash in and set a timer for 30 minutes. It should take around 45 minutes total time to cook.
When your butternut squash is done, it should have a very creamy interior. If you prefer a little color, then after 30 minutes of roasting, turn the heat to 425 and leave the pan uncovered for the last 30 minutes.
That's it, almost effortless! Muzzarelli Farms butternut squash is tasty in so many variations, but brown butter and thyme is a personal favorite of ours!